Friday 24 November 2017

A grandmother of 73 years old arrives court on wheelchair to dissolve her marriage of 55 years.



 Ailing 73-year-old granny arrives court in wheelchair to divorce her husband of 55-years (Photos)
Marcella mukami kinyugo a 73 years old retired teacher filed a divorce to terminate her marriage of 55 years over alleged maltreatment by her husband.

The aggressive retired teacher from Kiriaini town in Mathioya constituency Kenya recently went to the Kangema Magistrate court to seeking for her marriage to Mr Peter Kinyugo 76 to be dissolved.
Nairobi news has it that Marcella demanded that the family property be shared in equals and that her husband should be compelled to pay the cost of the suit.

Mukami told the court that she was living happily with her husband until the husband her by marrying another woman without her consent. She cried out to the court saying that the worst aspect of the story is that for 5 years now the husband have not fulfilling his matrimonial duties. She said

“Problems in my marriage when Mr. Kinyugo would stay at my co-wife’s house for weeks without coming to my house which is in the same compound,” She told the court.

“I want the court to hear my prayers and order that I get a share of our property so that I can get money to foot my medical bill since my pension is not enough to cater for my personal upkeep,” she pleaded with the court.
 Ailing 73-year-old granny arrives court in wheelchair to divorce her husband of 55-years (Photos)
 However Her husband, Mr.Peter Kinyugo, denied all the allegations saying that both woman are treated equally. He also said that his first wife was aware before he got married to the second wife Trizah Mulinge.

Kinyugo's lawyer Mr Waiganjo Gichuki told the court that Ms. Mukami was actively involved in the process of the customary marriage of my client’s second wife.
The case was adjourned to January 18, 2018.


No comments:

Post a Comment