Thursday 7 December 2017

Pastor in Idemili Anambra state must offer sacrifices amounting to N54,890 for killing a snake that came to attack his children while sleeping



A pastor in Anambra state must offer sacrifices for killing a snake that came to attack his children while sleeping.

An altercation has ensued between members of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, PFN and 
Umuoji community in Idemili North Local Government Area of Anambra state over the killing of a snake in the community by the General overseer of the Mercy Throne Assembly, Umuoji.

Rev Jude Chibueze said that a snake stormed his house at night when members of his family were already sleeping then he heard his children screaming later that night and he rushed in only and found a big snake where his children were sleeping. He said

“When I got to their room, I saw a big snake lying with them and I had to kill it and I threw it into the nearby bush. The following day, some community members marched to my house and accused me of killing their god. The beat me up mercilessly and gave me a list of items to buy amounting to N54,890 which they would use to appease their gods. Being a Christian I told them that it is against my faith besides I killed a snake not a human being.

One of the community leaders Chief Paul Edekobi dragged Rev Jude to the police station since he refused to compile with the gods and he also said that what he did was capable of wiping out his entire family if the sacrifices were not performed to appease the gods.

“We do not want to destroy his property and that is why we used the palm fronts to tie round the church to stop him from worshipping there for now. Edekobi said.

But the pastor said “what they are talking about is not tradition; they see the killing of a snake as a taboo in their world of idol worshipping, it’s not same in Christian faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment